Riders up for a trackday in 2021?

User26

CBR650R ABS
Aug 8, 2019
Riding Since
I don't think there are many dutch-speaking members, but I'm going to try anyway.

I'm going to do some trackdays this year, at Circuit Zolder.
I've booked 2 days in April and May already via Motorsportschool.
(Click on the names for the websites)

The first one, in april, is a track course, it starts with 3 theoretical sessions alternated by 3 guided track sessions (no overtaking) to learn the track, how to overtake etc., followed by 2 free sessions (overtaking allowed).

The second one, in May, will be a regular trackday 'beginner' level.

I'm not a fast or experienced track rider as you can see from the groups I've chosen, I just want to have fun and learn some new things.

If U are interested to join, not for competition, just for fun, be sure to let me know!

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Sounds interesting. But I've already booked a similar day at Circuit Zandvoort on May 3rd via motorcircuittraining.nl
I'll have to think about this...

User26

CBR650R ABS
Aug 8, 2019
Riding Since
Zolder is very close to where I live so an obvious choice for me, Assen is the only other track I've visited (to watch the motoGP not to ride). But Zandvoort must be a pretty amazing track to ride at!

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
I've been to Assen for the MotoGP as well (twice) but it's definitely on my bucket list to ride there once myself. I've been to Zolder a decade ago or so, with an (ex-)colleague who drives a Lotus Elise. He took me for a few laps which was cool. Good restaurant there as well! Might not be opened due to corona and everything though.

Zandvoort is awesome, but kind of weird. It's built in the dunes so no turn is flat, it's all up and down everywhere with lots of camber on most corners. There's even a true Daytona style banked corner with 18 degrees camber. Looking forward to it very much though.

puny maggot

CB650R ABS
Dec 15, 2020
Riding Since
I don't think there are many dutch-speaking members, but I'm going to try anyway.

I'm going to do some trackdays this year, at Circuit Zolder.
I've booked 2 days in April and May already via Motorsportschool.
(Click on the names for the websites)

The first one, in april, is a track course, it starts with 3 theoretical sessions alternated by 3 guided track sessions (no overtaking) to learn the track, how to overtake etc., followed by 2 free sessions (overtaking allowed).

The second one, in May, will be a regular trackday 'beginner' level.

I'm not a fast or experienced track rider as you can see from the groups I've chosen, I just want to have fun and learn some new things.

If U are interested to join, not for competition, just for fun, be sure to let me know!

Hi,

I might be interested in trying something like this but have no experience with track riding at all.
Had a quick look a the motorsportschool site and it looks quite interesting.

Did you have a good experience with this school in the past?

What about gear requirement ?
- at first glance it looks like you would need a full leather or textile suit (which I do not own) ... so it could get expensive quickly.
I will look into it more in detail and let you know If I decide to give it a try.

User26

CBR650R ABS
Aug 8, 2019
Riding Since
I followed 2 of their beginner courses in 2014 (level 1 and 1+) because I was a bit scared to do a normal trackday without any experience.

The level 1 course was really entry- level. The pace of the instructors is not that fast and the theoretical sessions only concentrate on one aspect of riding per session. Although in the first track session the pace did feel fast, just because its such a different experience from riding on the streets. But after the first shock, you get used to it really fast.

The level 1+ is a small step up, but I liked that course even better because it is a much better preparation for regular trackdays.
The pace is a bit higher than the level 1 course, but it really is not a massive difference. The good thing is that in the theoretical sessions they also teach about overtaking in level 1+ (how to do it safely) and that you get to try 2 'free' sessions at the end of the day.

Because the groups are a bit bigger (around 10 riders I think) you don't really get a lot of personal guidance, but I did like the fact that there where no overtakes in the first sessions, and that the instructors show you the way around the track.
So, to get comfortable with the higher speeds and the track, I really prefer starting with a course, and not having to think about where other riders are on track in the first sessions.

Because it's been more than 5 years since I did a trackday, I will start again with the level 1+ course.
If its the first time for you, you could start with a level 1 course, but I think both courses are ok for beginners, it just depends on what you prefer. (I also think levels 1 and 1+ are on the same day).

About the suit, they strongly recommend a leather suit ( 1- or 2-piece) They also allow a textile suit if the jacket and pants can be zipped to each other and if it has good protection.
I understand the worries about the costs, I had the same thing, so I bought a cheap suit (around €250 in sale) online so I wouldn't spend €800 on something just for the track and I'm still using it, even on street rides.

For me, these days where the most fun I had with my previous bike, so I can only recommend it!

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
The biggest danger of days like these (and believe me, it's quite a substantial danger) is that you like it so much, you're already planning your next trackday as you're riding home ;)

User26

CBR650R ABS
Aug 8, 2019
Riding Since
I did the first trackday with the CBR yesterday and I love the bike even more now! It was a great day, I learned a lot about the track and the bike and I can't wait for the next trackday.

For those who are curious about a lap at Circuit Zolder with the CBR650R:

It's nothing spectacular and I was certainly not with the fast riders of the group, but I had a great time and improved myself every session. And maybe I can convince some of you to try a trackday after all!

skeletor

CBR650F ABS
Dec 13, 2018
I did the first trackday with the CBR yesterday and I love the bike even more now! It was a great day, I learned a lot about the track and the bike and I can't wait for the next trackday.

It's nothing spectacular and I was certainly not with the fast riders of the group, but I had a great time and improved myself every session. And maybe I can convince some of you to try a trackday after all!

Good job! :cool:

User26

CBR650R ABS
Aug 8, 2019
Riding Since
User26 @Rom89n looks pretty fast to me! 🏍️

anyone have experience with these guys?
https://superbikeschool.com/

i would like to do a trackday, esp on a s1000. would be my first time. thanks
For me it felt fast for sure, but I have a lot to learn. The faster guys in my group were 5 - 10 seconds faster. The instructors were 20 seconds faster 😀.

But my goal was to learn and to have fun, and I can only recommend this. You gain so much confidence in your bike afterwards, and the feeling you get on track is amazing!

Superbikeschool is a bit far for me, but I'm sure any school will be fine. I do think I've seen some posts about this school on this forum though...

Edit: here it is: https://650f.bike/threads/going-to-california-superbike-school-woot.2387

Last edited:

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
User26 @Rom89n looks pretty fast to me! 🏍️

anyone have experience with these guys?
https://superbikeschool.com/

i would like to do a trackday, esp on a s1000. would be my first time. thanks
They’ve been around for YEARS and are one of the originators of track schools/ track riding for mere mortals. Well worth it from everyone I’ve talked to that went.

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands

Cool video man!
My day is coming up soon too. Will post a video if they allow me to have a camera on track.
Would be cool to go to Zolder some day. It's a 2hr ride for me to get there. I'll think about it :)

User26

CBR650R ABS
Aug 8, 2019
Riding Since
Cool video man!
My day is coming up soon too. Will post a video if they allow me to have a camera on track.
Would be cool to go to Zolder some day. It's a 2hr ride for me to get there. I'll think about it :)
I would love to see that!

Top Bottom