Battery Life

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
2021 Honda CB650R Question Would the bike start if left for 2 weeks in a garage ?
Unless you have something else hooked up like an auxiliary USB port or something else drawing power when the bike is off 2-3 weeks should not be a problem but a $30 battery tender device will guarantee it will be fine.

Know, however, that the 650 series is a “modern” design with lots of sensors, electronic doodads and other things on it so if the bike senses the voltage is too low it simply won’t start for fear it will not function right. You’ll see lights light up, things will look and act normal but when you hit the button you’ll get nothing. At that point you’ll need a charger.

JRinKtown

CB650F
Jun 30, 2019
2021 Honda CB650R Question Would the bike start if left for 2 weeks in a garage ?
I would definitely put a battery tender on it. I use the Optimate 3. Excellent device. 2 weeks is probably fine, but there is always a slight draw when shut down, so a battery tender is a good way to keep the battery at optimal health.

Motojack

CBR650R
May 26, 2019
My previous bike was never stored in doors and was left out in all weathers for 3 years. It was a 17 year old sv650. Battery never gave me issues during that time there were times occasionally were it went 2-3 of weeks with no use.

Top Bottom