• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650R Bar End Mirrors

darby_07

CB650R ABS
Jun 12, 2019
Wrote this up for my showcase on this site, but was pieced together from this thread McGrumpy @the.happy.biker:

Initially, I removed the inner bar weights and had mirrors with the standard expanding sleeve for mounting. Ended up not liking the setup, so I re-installed the weights and had to get creative to fit the mirrors.

Ended up finding the below site somewhere because I bent the snap rings that hold the weights in the bars when I removed them.
2019 Honda CB650R AC OEM Parts, Babbitts Honda Partshouse

Purchased the below parts:

Joker Machine Triumph Bar End Mirror Mount
- Had to drill a larger hole in these to accept the stock honda bar end bolt that went through the stock bar end weights

Barracuda - Honda Bar End Adaptors - HN1000 - For Bar End Fitment | eBay
- These are needed to sit flush against the ends of the inner bar weights.
- I know you can buy these elsewhere, but if I remember correctly they wouldn't allow shipment to the US from the manufacturer website.

The mirrors are CRG Hindsight Lanesplitters, but with my setup you can run any similar mounting style mirror.

The only issue I ran into is that the way the inner weights are designed, the snap rings allow the weights to spin 360 degrees with no way (that I've come up with) to keep them stationary. That was causing my mirrors to move positions at speed. By tilting the mirror arms straight forward, they do not move at any speeds.

Last edited:

Gmzzle

CB650R ABS
Jul 17, 2019
Riding Since
Just put on the Rizoma Lunar ones. I used the Sato weights as well. VIsibility improved 100% (can’t see any of me in my mirrors anymore! Not the greatest pic but gives you an idea. Mirrors have a cool blue tint to them as well. Very happy with it. Rode up to 70. Vibrations felt fine.IMG_3015.jpegIMG_3017.jpegIMG_3013.jpeg

Jluu

CB650R ABS
Jul 21, 2019
The link is broken to the bar ends. Can you use the adapter with other bar ends?
I bought a set of those adapters to use with mirrors and the way the weights work allow the mirror to constantly spin. You can use the adapter with any aftermarket bar end or bar end mirrors.

FlipFlop

CB650R ABS
Feb 17, 2020
Hey guys!

I've never made any mods to a bike before so have read this whole thread several times over but looking for additional guidance please.

I would like to fit these bar end mirrors to my cb650r

Can anyone please give me guidance as to if these will fit or am I likely to have similar issues to others here with the weights and such?

Thank you everyone!

darby_07

CB650R ABS
Jun 12, 2019
Hey guys!

I've never made any mods to a bike before so have read this whole thread several times over but looking for additional guidance please.

I would like to fit these bar end mirrors to my cb650r

Can anyone please give me guidance as to if these will fit or am I likely to have similar issues to others here with the weights and such?

Thank you everyone!

They will fit, but you would need to remove your inner bar weights. There's another thread floating around here that mentions the Sato bar weights as an alternative to my setup. If I had to do it again, I would likely go that route and may in the future. My setup is working great for me now, but it was a bit of a Frankenstein setup. The issue is all around the inner bar weight design.

FlipFlop

CB650R ABS
Feb 17, 2020
They will fit, but you would need to remove your inner bar weights. There's another thread floating around here that mentions the Sato bar weights as an alternative to my setup. If I had to do it again, I would likely go that route and may in the future. My setup is working great for me now, but it was a bit of a Frankenstein setup. The issue is all around the inner bar weight design.

I saw that thread too! The OP was saying to get the Sato long weights if I recall correctly. Thank you Darby.

Jordan1992

CB650F
May 30, 2020
Riding Since
You guys are lucky, my bar ends were a biatch to remove and involved lots of swear words, seems the year of sitting on the dealership floor in Australian weather had swelled up the rubber and it was a mission to remove but got there in the end. Added some nice blue bar end that where a decent weight to help with vibes
View attachment 3365
View attachment 3364
Where did you get those mirrors from? I’ve had a nightmare with bar end mirrors. I’ve gone back to the normal stock mirrors so now I’m looking at replacing those only and get a bar end like yours. Can you link me for both?

khemistq

CB650R
Apr 21, 2020
Scotland,UK
Riding Since

Got mine installed, Highsider Victory X, couldn't get a hold of any Sato racing inner weights as they are out of stock everywhere, so there is a small amount of vibes, not too bad.

Will add the Sato ones when i can find stock.

Arkaeron

CB650R ABS
Jul 18, 2020
Riding Since
I swapped the CBR650R clip-on bars to my CB650R and have Barracuda Moto bar end mirrors. They work great.
Hi JLUU

Did you have to make any internal modifications?
Did you have to remove the interior counterweights?
Are the vibrations very noticeable compared to the standard ones?

Jluu

CB650R ABS
Jul 21, 2019
Hi JLUU

Did you have to make any internal modifications?
Did you have to remove the interior counterweights?
Are the vibrations very noticeable compared to the standard ones?
I kept the original weights at first and used the Honda bar end adapters but the mirrors rotate at high speeds so I pulled the weights out and ran without for a while. Experienced about the same vibration. I ordered some Sato weights as I was curious if they'd help with vibrations but seemed to vibrate more so I went back to running without weights.

These are the bar end adapters that can be used with universal mirrors or bar ends - sold at various websites if you Google.
_53d0c4a99f99cb4a3d22f377fc949c20a6ec8ca19b2942e270_pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

dblock

CB650R
Aug 9, 2020
Riding Since
I kept the original weights at first and used the Honda bar end adapters but the mirrors rotate at high speeds so I pulled the weights out and ran without for a while. Experienced about the same vibration. I ordered some Sato weights as I was curious if they'd help with vibrations but seemed to vibrate more so I went back to running without weights.

These are the bar end adapters that can be used with universal mirrors or bar ends - sold at various websites if you Google.
View attachment 8114
Hey do you have a link to those spacers? I cannot find online and I am in the same predicament. Want to use stock weights with bar end mirrors (CRG).

Thanks

dblock

CB650R
Aug 9, 2020
Riding Since
I found this 3d print file that would do the trick, I will give it a try and report back!

1599362091421.png

Jluu

CB650R ABS
Jul 21, 2019

Loyfex

CB650R
Nov 24, 2020
Riding Since
Friends, the Rizoma Bar End Mirrors attaches to their own bar end adaptor that is ø30mm. The CB's OEM bar end is ø31mm, so 1mm thicker. The installation video at 1:22, I should be able to squeeze another milimeter out of this right? In that case there would be no need to remove inner weights or OEM bar ends to install their 1mm thinner bar ends. Thoughts?

Edit, further reading suggests the OEM bar ends spin?

Last edited:
Top Bottom