• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Luggage Backpack for laptop

Mercury

CB650R ABS
Sep 28, 2019
Porto, PT
Hi all!

I'm seeking suggestions to buy a backpack to carry my laptop.

I've searched some bike stores and I do have some in mind, but maybe you know a few more, or share you experience using it.

- I want it to be mid-size - not too small, not to big, with max eight around 45cm. I'm on the short side, so anything taller than that would touch the seat.
- Slim / light weight
- Water-resistant
- Not too expensive :p

What I like so far:
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-ea124-easy-t-15l-backpack
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shoei-backpack-20?rrec=true
https://ojworld.it/bags-rucksacks/zaino-kyte.html

Thanks!

Mercury

CB650R ABS
Sep 28, 2019
Porto, PT
Veeery good!

Kriega R15/R20 look very stylish and compact, just what I was looking for... although a bit pricey.
Thanks

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
If you want to go cheap try Amazon. And don't just look under "Motorcycle Gear". Try "camping gear" and "waterproof backpack", etc...

Also, you may want to think about a laptop "sleeve" that can go into a regular backpack. You can find those sleeves for cheap and I know Walmart's in the USA (if you have those stores or anything similar) sells a waterproof backpack for $40. Combine that with a $10 sleeve...

Mercury

CB650R ABS
Sep 28, 2019
Porto, PT
...a waterproof backpack for $40. Combine that with a $10 sleeve

Thanks, that's an option that could work for me also.
I can pick a backpack of my like, then throw in a laptop protection sleeve inside.

Eaglemoto

CBR650R ABS
Jul 13, 2019
Riding Since
I have one of these hard shell backpacks in orange, cheap and so far has worked well for me. No external zips to flap around in the wind. Chest and waist straps to keep it in place. I carry my work Surface Pro in the laptop pocket. There arent any compartments inside like a regular backpack but that just makes me keep it tidier.

https://www.24mx.com/motocross-gear...er-resistant-mc-backpack_pid-PM-3992189?fmb=0

For those of us in the UK:
https://www.24mx.co.uk/xlmoto-slipstream-water-resistant-mc-backpack#?p

cmsmith76

CB650R
Sep 23, 2019
I was in the same dilemma. I needed a bag big enough for my laptop (15.5 inches / 40 cm long) and struggled to find a bag that would fit a full size laptop. A month ago I purchased a Cortech 2.0 tail bag. It is expandable to accommodate my laptop, and also can be integrated into their 2.0 saddlebags. The 2.0 tail bag is very well made and I have been very pleased with it. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/cortech-super-20-tail-bag

Mercury

CB650R ABS
Sep 28, 2019
Porto, PT
Well, after some research and narrowing down to a few options, I've opt in for a Messenger bag from Kriega.
It fits well my purpose, not too heavy, not excessively big, and it's one of the very few to be really waterproof.

This one thing I don't understand: why manufacturers insist in making all 100% waterproof bags with, at least, huge 30L+ capacity?!
Should we be doomed to carry a really bold bag on shoulders just to get water protection to our (<1KG) goods? That's non-sense, but maybe it's just me :p

KRIEGA URBAN WP MESSENGER

yeLUgG1l.jpg

SXIBbKem.jpg

My use case:
I ride all year, and absolutely need to carry a 14inch laptop & some accessories, along with some rain gear - so 100% waterproof is a must.
I don't do often highways while commuting, so hardly go above ~150kms/h on a daily basis.

PROS
- Fully waterproof!
- Not to heavy
- Enough capacity to daily stuff & gear (~16L)
- Tensioner ring on strap makes it really easy to put/remove even with helmet on
- Removable/washable waterproof liner
- High quality, durable materials
- Ties up to our back like a crab :p
- It doubles as a classic, vintage notebook bag

CONS
- Expensive!
- Lack of extra-pockets
- Lack of organisers (as we get a single, wide space inside, with no partitions)
- Can be annoying if you need to put/take your goods several times a day, due to top rolled dry bag design
- Did y said "expensive"?

Anyway, if anyone id searching for a quality backpack, not to bulky, with water resistant/waterproof/rain cover being a nice-to-have, the following may be good options:

Kriega R20 Backpack

Bagster Modulo Track

SHAD Tank/Backpack Waterproof

IXON X-ROAD

XLMOTO Slipstream Water Resistant MC Backpack

Ride safe!

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
My solution to a non-water-proof backpack is to wrap everything in a sturdy plastic bag and then put it in my backpack. Low cost, low tech solution ;)

Mercury

CB650R ABS
Sep 28, 2019
Porto, PT
Hey, I finally got my Kriega WP Messenger :p
Bought with a discount, and I'm really happy with it, but still not tested under heavy rain (fortunately!)

Very robust, resistant, and well made. Top materials.
The capacity (~15L) could be better but for me its enough.
Also bought a sleeve for laptop, because the bag does not offer a separate pocket for it.

It doubles as a classic laptop messenger-style bag, while it's appropriate for daily commutes.
At first it could seem a bit weird to carry a messenger bag in a bike, but I have to say that it works perfectly well - i am surprised in fact!

It does not interfere with handling, sticks to your back as glue even without the waist strap :smuggrin:
The shoulder strap is made of same material (a kind of rubber?) and one must not pull it too much if wearing a suit in the office. Because it has plenty of grip, it will damage the suit at shoulders level.

To me it has one minor drawback though: it should have at least one more external pocket (has 1 only), as it is not so practical to open/close as a zipper backpack.

Kingsleh

CBR650F ABS
Apr 11, 2018
Montreal, Canada
A bit late to the discussion, but I use the SW-Motech Jetpack. It's a bag more on the rigid side with quality zippers. It's expandable, tail mountable and it has a rain cover which works perfectly well no matter the configuration. It doesn't have a 'laptop' pocket but it has velcro straps and and cushioning. Bag is about ~50cm tall. If you've got those racks at the back, it even simplifies the tail mounting.

Top Bottom