Back in stock!

maziro

CB650F ABS
Jul 3, 2020
Japan
Riding Since
New stock arriving this afternoon! Easy to install, and a blast to operate - so who wants one?
I’m very interested this one, but not sure be able to install into my 14’ 650F.
I guess 650F needs QS kits and Controller both, can you provide further information about the installation?

Jun 28, 2020
Riding Since
I’m very interested this one, but not sure be able to install into my 14’ 650F.
I guess 650F needs QS kits and Controller both, can you provide further information about the installation?
The controller plugs in between the sidestand switch connectors and the rear brake switch connectors. The shifter kit replaces the stock shift rod, and plugs into the controller. If it takes you half an hour to install it, you stopped for a beer! :cool:

Jun 28, 2020
Riding Since
What exactly does it do ?
The shifter kit lets the ECU know that you've prodded the shifter for an upshift. The ECU briefly cuts the spark and fuel, unloading the transmission and allowing a smooth shift without backing off the throttle or using the clutch. If you have an earlier model, '14-18, the ECU doesn't have this function, and you need an add-on controller.

maziro

CB650F ABS
Jul 3, 2020
Japan
Riding Since
The controller plugs in between the sidestand switch connectors and the rear brake switch connectors.
To cut spark, need to connect to the sidestand switch that I could understand.
Why does it need to connect to the rear brake switch? Only to get the +12v?

And have two more questions.
Can this kit support both shift up and down?
Can this kit’s shift rod change the length to fit rear sets?

Jun 28, 2020
Riding Since
Why does it need to connect to the rear brake switch? Only to get the +12v?
Correct.

And have two more questions.
Can this kit support both shift up and down?
Can this kit’s shift rod change the length to fit rear sets?
This is an UP-shift kit only. The ECU doesn't support auto-blipping for downshift, and the electronics and programming are much more sophisticated - and expensive!
The kit is intended for use with the stock controls. If the rearsets need a different length rod, you'll need to supply your own.

Top Bottom