• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Atlas Throttle Lock

Gmzzle

CB650R ABS
Jul 17, 2019
Riding Since
I was considering this until I saw the price. $250. Sheesh.

I did happen to go back to the site today and saw 135! Now that isn’t cheap but much more reasonable. I noticed with my cramp buster the heated grips weren’t very effective. Hopefully this is as good as everyone says.

iTom76

CB650F
Aug 27, 2019
I’m in Canada so that’s $240 Canadian. I’m going to make some slight changes to where it mounts. But I’m very happy with it especially after spending some time with it on he highway.

Itchytoe

CB650F
Dec 15, 2019
I have a cramp buster, but don't really like it. It's very annoying around town and mine seems to slip around on the highway. This throttle lock seems to be a better design. I just might have to try it out.

Gmzzle

CB650R ABS
Jul 17, 2019
Riding Since
Finally took it for a ride. Much better than the cramp buster. I found the cramp buster would get in the way sometimes and I had to remove it if I needed to feel the grip warmers. The Atlas holds well but still allows for slight adjustments. Install is 5 minutes if you take your time.

Uncle Meat

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
May 11, 2020
London
Riding Since
This must be an American thing. I've been biking for over 40 years and have never met anyone that has or has had one fitted.
The very thought of locking the throttle open scares the living bejesus out of me.
What happens if you doze off? or it malfunctions?
I'll stick with the old fashioned multi variant method ;)

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
This must be an American thing. I've been biking for over 40 years and have never met anyone that has or has had one fitted.
The very thought of locking the throttle open scares the living bejesus out of me.
I'll stick with the old fashioned multi variant method ;)
Feel the same about cruise control in a car?

It doesn’t lock the throttle, just adds friction to hold it. You can still twist the throttle on and off as needed. But you turn it “off” and it’s like it’s not there. If you have wrist problems like I do it’s a lifesaver on long, boring roads and allows me to relax it a bit.

Reminds me of the old days when carbs didn’t have return springs and you could just leave the throttle in a position and it would stay.

Itchytoe

CB650F
Dec 15, 2019
I decided to try it out. Got it installed and tested today. Not quite right on first install. The gap I have is between the smallest and medium pad size. It wouldn't quite hold tight enough with the small one so I'm trying to get it set up better. Hopefully I can get it all done tomorrow. It's late and dark right now.

iTom76

CB650F
Aug 27, 2019
My first install was pretty good. But I noticed that it had twisted some. So I tried fixing it. I actually made it worse. My guess it’s partially because it’s 7/8” bars and partially because the plastic throttle tube is pretty slippery. I’m going to try some electrical tape and see if I can’t make it perfect. I’m still thrilled with the product.

iTom76

CB650F
Aug 27, 2019
I decided to try it out. Got it installed and tested today. Not quite right on first install. The gap I have is between the smallest and medium pad size. It wouldn't quite hold tight enough with the small one so I'm trying to get it set up better. Hopefully I can get it all done tomorrow. It's late and dark right now.

Also, can you double up on the smallest pad? The flat one. Maybe that’ll do the trick for you.

Itchytoe

CB650F
Dec 15, 2019
Got it all squared away. It holds the throttle right where I set it as long as I want it to. No more slipping after my tweaks. The only downside is that is throttle lock and not a real cruise control. Lots of elevation changes where I am right now so I don't think I'll get a ton of use out of it for a little while.

zirgs

CBR650F ABS
Aug 22, 2014
Connecticut, USA
Riding Since
I've been really curious about that model, nice video. I would probably have bought that over my Kaoko had it been available back then.

The US has very large highways, and that's the only situation I find a throttle lock useful. It's the kind of thing I activate for a minute here and there just to move my right arm a bit during a long ride. Maybe I'd use it more with a user-friendly design. I have a Harley tourer with electronic throttle-by-wire cruise control and it's awesome.

WayneS

CB650F
Feb 8, 2021
Riding Since
I've been really curious about that model, nice video. I would probably have bought that over my Kaoko had it been available back then.

The US has very large highways, and that's the only situation I find a throttle lock useful. It's the kind of thing I activate for a minute here and there just to move my right arm a bit during a long ride. Maybe I'd use it more with a user-friendly design. I have a Harley tourer with electronic throttle-by-wire cruise control and it's awesome.

I am ready to install my Kaoko on my 2018 CB650F and have a question about the bar end weight threads.

Are they reverse threaded? I've tried to loosen the screw and am afraid to turn any harder in case it is reverse threaded.

Thanks in advance.

Wayne

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
I am ready to install my Kaoko on my 2018 CB650F and have a question about the bar end weight threads.

Are they reverse threaded? I've tried to loosen the screw and am afraid to turn any harder in case it is reverse threaded.

Thanks in advance.

Wayne
It’s a standard thread. They use thread lock, you’ll really need to grip the end have a solid screwdriver to get them out.

Motojack

CBR650R
May 26, 2019
Thanks for the recomendation canadian B-real :p

I will definatly consider these all the other ones ive seen look aweful and this is the first decent one.

Top Bottom