• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Any experience with RPM Carbon?

mcphatty

CB650R
Jul 5, 2020
Hello! I have been eyeballing parts from RPM Carbon in Thailand- they've got a nice front /rear hugger set and some replacement airbox side covers in carbon fiber that I'm interested in, but I've never heard of these guys and am skeptical of shelling out $500+ to a company out of the country that may offer me no recourse if things go sideways. Has anyone dealt with them, either through their website or on eBay? Are there parts of decent quality? Secondly- if not RPM Carbon, are there other retailers (US based, preferably) that I should check out?

fronthugger.png rearhugger.png sidecover.png

mcphatty

CB650R
Jul 5, 2020
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately the sites search does not include words less than 4 characters, so searching for RPM+Carbon would only bring results for "carbon". Made it hard to do my research!

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately the sites search does not include words less than 4 characters, so searching for RPM+Carbon would only bring results for "carbon". Made it hard to do my research!

No worries, I did a search on "carbon" & "parts". I remembered the thread because there was quite a bit of interest in it a few months ago. I also added a "carbon" tag to yours to make it easier to find.

vetteguy72

CBR650R ABS
Jun 29, 2020
Riding Since
I have been eyeballing parts from RPM Carbon in Thailand - they've got a nice rear hugger in carbon fiber that I'm interested in, but I've never heard of these guys and I am skeptical of a company out of the country that may offer me no recourse if things go sideways.

View attachment 8602
I have also been eyeballing their chain guard / rear hugger in matte twill so that it compliments the faux carbon fiber intake ducts on my 2020 Honda CBR 650R

mcphatty

CB650R
Jul 5, 2020
Well I bit the bullet with RPM Carbon, and initial thoughts are that the parts are of decent quality. I don't have a lot of experience with carbon fiber, but the weave is straight, they're rigid, and don't have any light bleed when holding a flashlight up to them. One thing I've noticed with RPM Carbon is that their pricing between their own website and eBay is inconsistent. At first I wanted to place my order on eBay, to have some additional protection if the parts didn't work out- but that would've been almost $100 more than purchasing straight through their own website. Not sure why there is the inconsistency, but I thought I'd point that out. In the end I opted for expedited shipping and was able to take delivery from Thailand in 10 days. Not bad!

Once installed, I'll follow up and comment on the fitment.

Attachments

• PXL_20210122_165012053[2].jpg
    PXL_20210122_165012053[2].jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 41
  • PXL_20210122_165037997[1].jpg
    PXL_20210122_165037997[1].jpg
    4 MB · Views: 36

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
One thing I've noticed with RPM Carbon is that their pricing between their own website and eBay is inconsistent. At first I wanted to place my order on eBay, to have some additional protection if the parts didn't work out- but that would've been almost $100 more than purchasing straight through their own website. Not sure why there is the inconsistency, but I thought I'd point that out.
eBays ridiculous fees, I'd imagine.

Personally, I stopped selling on there a long time ago because it doesn't make financial sense to sell something for $100 and pay $30 for listing it and another $30 in PP fees by the time you get done. I'll buy stuff but yeah, they kinda blow now.

Cool parts!!!

mcphatty

CB650R
Jul 5, 2020
Got around to doing the installation.. Fitment on the side panels isn't perfect but it's close enough. Only problem is that I find the side panels considerably harder to remove than the OEM ones- likely because of the imperfect fit. The front fender was better, but I'll have to get around to finishing that part of the install once I get a rivet gun. The OEM fender has metal plates riveted to it to support the brake lines and their mounting screws, I'll have to drill them out and install that part on the new one.

Overall I'd give them a 7/10. I certainly don't feel like I've wasted my money and I'm happy with that!

Attachments

• PXL_20210122_214541111.jpg
    PXL_20210122_214541111.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59

vetteguy72

CBR650R ABS
Jun 29, 2020
Riding Since
I have also been eyeballing their chain guard / rear hugger in matte twill so that it compliments the faux carbon fiber intake ducts on my 2020 Honda CBR 650R

I gotta say, this rear hugger / chain guard looks awesome in matte twill from RPM Carbon! ..they packaged it very nicely so it wouldn't get damaged during shipping and the quality is top notch. They are located in Bangkok, Thailand and shipping took about 2 weeks to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I will find out how well the fitment is when I mount it on my bike in the spring time. I ordered it directly from their website and contacted RPM Carbon about it on Facebook, managed to save a little bit in the end because they gave me a coupon code for 10% off my order!

Attachments

• Image_01.jpeg
    Image_01.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 58
  • Image_02.jpeg
    Image_02.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Interceptor 85

CBR650R
Oct 25, 2022
Riding Since
I gotta say, this rear hugger / chain guard looks awesome in matte twill from RPM Carbon! ..they packaged it very nicely so it wouldn't get damaged during shipping and the quality is top notch. They are located in Bangkok, Thailand and shipping took about 2 weeks to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I will find out how well the fitment is when I mount it on my bike in the spring time. I ordered it directly from their website and contacted RPM Carbon about it on Facebook, managed to save a little bit in the end because they gave me a coupon code for 10% off my order!
I know this is an old post but how well did this fit? Looking to get same.

mcphatty

CB650R
Jul 5, 2020
I too ended up buying those same parts, and the fitment was pretty good, with the exception of needing to drill out the holes for the screws. There were holes in the right places, but were just slightly too small to allow the collar to fit. I've found that to be pretty common when buying these CF parts though, regardless of manufacturer.

One thing that I hadn't considered (and is not a fault of manufacturing), is that the rear hugger buzzed a lot from vibrations. I ended up putting rubber washers on both sides of the CF part and the problem went away.

Top Bottom