• Welcome - be sure to add your motorcycle to the Showcase!

Another UK one!

Katie

CBR650F ABS
Feb 1, 2019
Hiya

Just a quick intro as I am now the proud owner of a 2018 CBR650F :)

Ordered it online and the bike was delivered yesterday while I was at work so haven't even had the chance to start it yet but hoping to get out on it tomorrow. Its got the Arrow system on so looking forward to hearing it compared to the stock version I test rode last week.
Also running a 2014 VFR800 but will be using the CBR as my main commuter from next week (100+ miles per day, in all weathers) so will be racking up some miles pretty quickly. Expect lots of 'how do I' and 'how can I get it to' types of questions soon...;)

Katie

jerzy_bondov

CBR650F ABS
Sep 30, 2018
London
Welcome, and great choice! Had you test ridden a CBR before choosing one?

And how come you're pensioning off the VFR from the commuting duties?! Would have thought it was pretty great at that!

Katie

CBR650F ABS
Feb 1, 2019
Gone for matt black version. Had the heated grips, crash bungs and rear rack fitted by the shop, got a gear indicator on the way and need to fit the satnav bracket and MRA touring screen today so am pretty much ready to go. The bike's only got 1000 miles on the clock so will hold fire on the suspension until I find it's limits!

The VFR is a great bike and I use it for touring. I used to use an Aprilia Futura for the commute but it was 16 years old and, as I often travel into central London, it was going to run foul of the ULEZ (Ultra Low Emissions Zone) which starts in April so I needed a later model bike.

Anyway, everyone needs a spare bike...

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
Katie,Your bike looks great!!! You might want to get a set of frame sliders just in case you have a mishaps.A great color as well
matt black, same as mine.Please make sure you get the right wax for your matt black paint as well or your bike will be full gloss.
It is also great to have 2 bikes as well, in case 1 brakes down.Welcome to our site!

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Welcome to the club!
Have you considered getting the new 2019 CBR650R instead or wasn't that in the picture at all?
Nice bike though. Admittedly I'm not a fan of the way full pipe exhausts look on this bike but I'm sure it'll sound great.
Enjoy your stay!

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Welcome!!!

You’ll love the CBR, I’ve often referred to it as a mini-VFR that revs. Things you’ll notice at varying degrees compared to the V-Four beast: it’s way lighter, turns faster, soft front suspension, slightly harsh rear suspension, mirrors aren’t quite as good, it vibrates a bit more, revs to the moon and really makes power at the 6k rpm and up range, the seat is harder and the bars are higher. It’s a little less “refined” but that’s what makes it fun.

Anything that annoys you will be easily addressed so search the forum, and ask if you can’t find the answer, we are here to help.

Enjoy it!

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
miweber929 @miweber929 nailed it above. If you are doing mostly highway commuting you should find the stock suspension setup acceptable, especially the variable rate springs in the forks. If you start venturing into sport mode we won’t be surprised if you tell us you need some better feedback/predictability. Many of us have done the Ohlins upgrade (fork kit and rear shock). Brammers @Brammers (may be your close neighbor) can tell you first hand the differences between stock and Ohlins.

User2

CBR650F
Oct 23, 2018
Welcome to the forum Katie. As others have said, you picked a great bike for commuting. These bikes are happy to do whatever you ask and they’re known to be reliable steeds as well.

You’ve joined a really friendly community and I hope you enjoy being here as much as I have.

Cheers!

Top Bottom