Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CB650R Akrapovic system on CB650R.

GJP

CB650R ABS
Dan may I ask (sorry if I missed a thread) why did you change from the black widow system.

Thread starter #8
More like €1100, right?

Too expensive.

How would you compare the Akrapovic sound to the Black Widow 200mm sound?
I will do a full video about this very subject, at the end of the day, you pay your money and you take your chances. Personally, I still maintain that the Black Widow systems are incredible value. The fitting is pretty simple but it does hang off of a bracket so it's not as tidy as the Akra, which attaches to the bike directly.

Thread starter #9
Do you notice any power loss, weird throttle or anything?
I've seen in the forum people advise a PCV when having the baffle out.
If you are running at low rpm in a high gear and roll on throttle, there are flat spots but it's really not an issue. I don't believe you NEED a PCV but it's certainly a route you could take to get the fuel/air right (with a load of dyno time). I have a BoosterPlug which I will try and see if that helps.

Thread starter #10
More like €1100, right?

Too expensive.

How would you compare the Akrapovic sound to the Black Widow 200mm sound?
To my ears, the Black Widow is louder and sounds more 'raw' but also more, tinny. That's the best way I can describe it. The Akra to me sounds superior and much deeper. I found the same on the MT07, the Akra is just such a deep tone. It's my favourite out of the two systems if we're just talking about sound.

GJP

CB650R ABS
No worries, Dan just wondered, not heard rumours. IMHO I am happy with stock can it looks great and other riders comment on the good sound when opening it up on the road.

Hi Dan,
i ve had this Akrapovic (S-H6R12-HAFT) for my 2014 CB650F.

The Akrapovic S-H6R12-HAFT is not EURO 4 compliant. The E-Mark counts only for EURO 3 Bikes like my old CB 650F (2014-16).
So thats why Akrapovic developed for the EURO 4 CB 650F (2017-2019) a new Exhaust called S-H6R13-HEGEHT.
Dont know about the law in England, but in Germany your type its not legal for the CB(R) 650R.

Akrapovic is still working on a legal -EURO 4 compliant-Version for the CB(R)650R.