• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Akrapovic exhaust and PCV

GoaCBR

CBR650F
Feb 1, 2016
Candolim Goa
If the air density (linked to altitude) is similar the results should be pretty close.

I need to back up the maps anyway.

But bear in mind I don't have an Akra system so the fuelling could be well off.

Have you considered an auto tune module instead?

J
I've actually got the auto tune module with me, but the Wide O2 sensor is a 22mm one whereas the original one is 18mm. I would hate to have to drill into the Titanium F*** it up and then have a wasted Akra pipe.

I was just going to experiment with your map. If it feels better and I can see a difference then will have to hunt out a Dyno tuner. If not I will just revert back to standard map. According to Dynojet and Akrapovic there is no need to remap when using the Akra pipe so it will be interesting.

rustyeyed

CBR650F ABS
Oct 14, 2015
United Kingdom
I've actually got the auto tune module with me, but the Wide O2 sensor is a 22mm one whereas the original one is 18mm. I would hate to have to drill into the Titanium F*** it up and then have a wasted Akra pipe.

I was just going to experiment with your map. If it feels better and I can see a difference then will have to hunt out a Dyno tuner. If not I will just revert back to standard map. According to Dynojet and Akrapovic there is no need to remap when using the Akra pipe so it will be interesting.

This is the exact reason I returned my AIUTO TUNE, when I realised the O2 sensor sizes don't match up. It's a shame, got it for a very good price :confused:

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
Try this, supplied with NO WARRANTY AT ALL.

Please remove the .txt from the name (forum file extension limitation workaround) - before uploading to a PCV.

J

Attachments

• JB_TBR_Baffle_Out.pvm.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 19

GoaCBR

CBR650F
Feb 1, 2016
Candolim Goa
Try this, supplied with NO WARRANTY AT ALL.

Please remove the .txt from the name (forum file extension limitation workaround) - before uploading to a PCV.

J
Thanks I'll definitely give it a go but probably next season now as the better half is arriving at the weekend.

Simonlstrand

CBR650F
May 1, 2018
I run my CBR650F 2016 without a PC5, with the baffle in there is alot of power bump and its awesome!

When I removed the baffle though seems like the back pressure in the exhaust has dropped and causing some flat spots. The only fix is to keep running it on higher revs than normal and the repsonsieness is a bit off.

I have just ordered a PC5 so lets see when I hook it up.

Bottom line: Don't remove the baffle if you want the Akra to perform as designed. if you do, PC5 is required!
rustyeyed @rustyeyed did that PCV fix your flat spots and throttle response with the baffle out?

rustyeyed

CBR650F ABS
Oct 14, 2015
United Kingdom
rustyeyed @rustyeyed did that PCV fix your flat spots and throttle response with the baffle out?

Yes, so I did the following:

1. PC5 installed
2. PAIR valves blanked
3. K&N Air filter
4. Custom map

The map didnt give much bump in numbers on paper, but the bike runs buttery smooth now and pulls like a train through all gears. I haven't gone for balls out power but more towards refinement and additional power in certain ranges.

There was an issue with the gas analyser so think the map couldnt be even more refined. I havent removed the baffle yet to test because the dimwits have shredded the baffle bolt.

I am going to leave the bike in again for another session, they just offered it to me due to the gas analyser issue.

Will keep you posted!

Gabescbr650f

CBR650F
Jul 9, 2018
Damn, those are serious gains, 81 to 89 hp and like you said a 10hp difference in the upper mid range. .

Keep us informed of the fuel mileage. They don’t have an Akra map on the site, I may talk to my local tuner and see what his thoughts are.
Use the arrows exhaust map online for your akrapovic. My bike is a whole different bike wih it. I took off the baffle so I used the arrow full exhaust with out db killer.

Top Bottom