• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650F Adding turbo to the 650F

Rerley

CB650F
Oct 13, 2018
I have a 1 year old Cb650f. I've done about 50k KM this past year and I'm going to buy a S1000r. I really want to keep the bike but I wanted to do something crazy with it.

So, assuming there is no budget restrictions, how would one tune this bike to make it insane performance wise? Would adding a turbo work with this bike?

baloo2650

CB650F ABS
May 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Riding Since
Build a header to feed a gt25 - or similar. I'm guessing you want to go for power... Gonna have to dump fuel in, maybe looking at auto fuel injectors. Does the power commander support that? -now you're in the realm of a full up ecu. Sounds like fun project!

baloo2650

CB650F ABS
May 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Riding Since
Build a header to feed a gt25 - or similar. I'm guessing you want to go for power... Gonna have to dump fuel in, maybe looking at auto fuel injectors. Does the power commander support that? -now you're in the realm of a full up ecu. Sounds like fun project!
Just $'s at that point. -if you want to make it happen.

Rad650F

CBR650F ABS
Mar 1, 2024
Riding Since
I did it to the 650R, 10 psi on E85, its amazing
Trying to create a set-up for the 650f. Did you end up documenting or video of the build? Just curious how air box was fabricated, turbo oil feed line tap in location, what controllers linked, etc.

Par728

CBR650F ABS
Jan 27, 2022
Riding Since
If $ is not a thing, search up for all performance camshafts, valves, springs, forge pistons and connecting rod and he'll include the crank. Make it all lighter ported so u can have titanium liners in the chambers then when you turbo it any psi you want, it won't blow the engine. Check out procharger. They have a kit for Harleys so you said money ain't a problem then you could be creative applying it to cb650. Just a suggestion. It will have a lot and lots of research for parts and things. This won't be happening just overnight. If you from Toronto. There is one shop called champion cycle and they do good stuff from body works heavy mods to engine build up. And they sponsor people to race as well. Check out their website. Championcycle.ca.

pakyrs

CB650R ABS
Jan 28, 2024
Oxfordshire
Riding Since
It can be done, an engine is an engine, there is also a supercharged option to go for:

Going to be ridiculous expensive, unless you could do it yourself and have knowledge, cnc and cad skills.

Fun project but I agree a restomod would be way easier and still fun.

Btw 50k in 1 year its madness! Well done I guess.

Top Bottom