• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650F ABBA Stand

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
United States / Northern KY
Riding Since
I hear good things about the Abba stands, never used one though.

If a 2nd bit is required for the front lift, why get this over standard front/rear lifts? Especially for the price?!?

Conundrum

CBR650F
Jun 18, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I'll probably pick one of these up over the winter if I see any local sales. Not a fan of the dual stand setup after mine fell off a front paddle stand twice. Part of me thinks it's due to how our brakes are mounted (since they aren't at the bottoms of the forks, there is less for the stand to rest on), and that the swingarm is asymmetric, meaning the bike leans a touch to the side when lifted at the rear.

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
United States / Northern KY
Riding Since
I'll probably pick one of these up over the winter if I see any local sales. Not a fan of the dual stand setup after mine fell off a front paddle stand twice. Part of me thinks it's due to how our brakes are mounted (since they aren't at the bottoms of the forks, there is less for the stand to rest on), and that the swingarm is asymmetric, meaning the bike leans a touch to the side when lifted at the rear.
Sorry to hear that. I've never had issues with my cheap set off Amazon.

I will say you have to take special care with the front though.

Conundrum

CBR650F
Jun 18, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Sorry to hear that. I've never had issues with my cheap set off Amazon.

I will say you have to take special care with the front though.

I should add thankfully no damage in either case (stand took some to the rubber areas though)...but enough I don't really want to test my luck with them a third time.

rustyeyed

CBR650F ABS
Oct 14, 2015
United Kingdom
I have the ABBA stand and it's pretty good!

I only struggle putting it on to the pivot points as if I get it right on one side the other one comes off and sometimes do struggle. once it's on its brilliant for cleaning or even for winter storing the bike away!

may need to have a look at the front lifting bit, its a bit expensive but is very good quality to be honest!

Ginger Dave

CBR650F ABS
Aug 14, 2018
I have the abba rear and front lift frame. Absolutely brilliant bit of kit! I was a little dubious about possible scratching of the frame on contact, however not a single mark. I think this is down to ensuring the left side adapter is kept in place whilst connecting the right side prior to tightening up before lifting bike. Have used three times to clean and lube chain and clean wheels. I am definitely going to use to lift both wheels for Winter hibernation! 😃😃

Top Bottom