Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

A2 restriction questions

ReeceUK

CBR650F ABS
I own an a2 restricted CBR650F, 2018 model.

I've travelled about 3000 miles so far and the restrictor I have is throttle stop, I can only open the throttle half way. The 650F restricted still has plenty of power, loads of torque and will pull in every gear. Power delivery is as smooth as butter. I assume your on a 125 like I was and believe me, an a2 650F will feel like a rocket when you ride it and it will continue to feel like that for a long time. Mine still does.

You won't be disappointed, watch videos on YouTube of reviews and you'll find alot more in depth info.

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Mod
Wait until the restrictions come off 😁

You can have a real run then, especially if you get her remapped 👍 anyway, enough off topic from me!

The throttle restriction is the easiest to remove, so that's a result for later.

J

Adam

CBR650R
Thread starter #23
Thought I’d post and update here.

I’ve decided to go ahead with the CBR650R. I visited my dealer, and fell in love with the looks and feel of the bike. I plan to do a fair few motorway miles so the smoothness of the I4 and the slightly better wind protection than a naked bike I think will suit me. The bike looks amazing in black and I’m now counting down the days.

I’m wondering if anyone else has now purchased a restricted 2019 bike and any further feedback from the ride, as the restriction is no longer down by the throttle instead restricted air intake and ECU remap from Honda (so no tweaking 🙁)

Thanks in advance