• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650R 2022 CB650R

gnichols

CB650R ABS
Nov 30, 2021
Riding Since
Since EICMA has come and gone, I've been scouring the interwebs for details on next years CB650R. From what I can gather, the 22' model is unchanged from this years, aside from a new paint scheme, which seems to be a deep gray with white accented branding.

Anyone have contrary information to this?

Pirate

CBR650R ABS
Apr 5, 2021
Riding Since

xorbe

CBR650R
Nov 2, 2021
California
Riding Since
Same for CBR650R, black now has orange stickers, and red has gray detail instead of white. Nothing else changed per Honda UK website and other previews. Which means nothing changed on CB either except BNG (bold new graphics).

gnichols

CB650R ABS
Nov 30, 2021
Riding Since
As you said just a small colour change. with no engine or suspension changes. Personally i was hoping for a full colour TFT screen
I was also hoping for a TFT, too. While they're not standard on all 650's yet, I'm sure they will be in the next year or two, as the tech trickles down from the bigger displacement bikes. Still, I like the reverse LCD, even if it is a bit dated. No doubt a TFT would drive the price up as well.

User18

CB650R ABS
Jan 29, 2020
all i do is take an occasional check on speed or time, since there are no driving modes or anything else.

out of interest: what advantage would a tft have for you?

gnichols

CB650R ABS
Nov 30, 2021
Riding Since
As you said just a small colour change. with no engine or suspension changes. Personally i was hoping for a full colour TFT screen
Well, a couple reasons I suppose. I've always ridden bikes with analog, so, for me personally, it could be cool to swing a leg over, and own, a bike with a modern dash. Like you, I only really glance down for important data, so, having a minimalist TFT interface would be much more appealing over, say, some of the cluttered displays of the larger bikes (which honestly make me a little dizzy). I doubt Honda would add those crazy set ups to the 650's anyways, though. Second, the resale value could be better down the road, but that has yet to be proven. As I said, I think the reverse LCD still looks good, and suits the 'neo retro' styling of the bike, so, I'm not that disappointed in its absence this coming year. Anyways, TFT will likely come standard on most bike in coming years, whether we like it or not.

Last edited:

xorbe

CBR650R
Nov 2, 2021
California
Riding Since
For USA, the only motorcycles that haven't been updated to 2022 models are the CBR1000RR-R, and both the CB/CBR 650 bikes. Weird. Europe intro was over 3 months ago now.

Top Bottom