• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650R 2021 service manual?

starskipper

CB650R
Sep 4, 2021
Hi. Does anyone know where I might be able to get my hands on the 2021 CB650R service manual? In the Resources section of this site I only see up to 2020.

I'm referencing the 2020 one anyway for now assuming the differences between those two years are pretty minor, but I honestly have no idea how valid that assumption is.
(Speaking of which, secondary question: is there any reference or document that breaks down the exact differences between the different year models?)

MotoDonner

CB650R ABS
Feb 10, 2021
Riding Since
Stay with the 2020 version. The older versions have more info in them (like chain tensioning)

kspjk

CB650R ABS
Oct 31, 2021
Riding Since
I am also trying to get a copy of the service manual for the 2021 CB650R. Thanks for sharing the www.helminc.com website above! Searching for their reviews online returned a few disconcerting feedback. I'd approach with caution if anyone was about to spend $50+shipping abruptly. I'll see if I can find other ways to get a copy and post back if I find anything.

As another poster rightly mentioned, there are very little differences between the 2020 and 2021 models, therefore the 2020 service manual would suffice with most DIY jobs. However, I think this year's EURO5 requirements meant that there were physical changes to the 2021 bike's engine. There's also a mention of an updated dash, mudguard, side panels and forks. See the link below for details. I'd proceed with caution when working on a 2021 bike's updated parts using a 2020 service manual. Always research the heck out of it before wrenching!

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
I am also trying to get a copy of the service manual for the 2021 CB650R. Thanks for sharing the www.helminc.com website above! Searching for their reviews online returned a few disconcerting feedback. I'd approach with caution if anyone was about to spend $50+shipping abruptly. I'll see if I can find other ways to get a copy and post back if I find anything.

As another poster rightly mentioned, there are very little differences between the 2020 and 2021 models, therefore the 2020 service manual would suffice with most DIY jobs. However, I think this year's EURO5 requirements meant that there were physical changes to the 2021 bike's engine. There's also a mention of an updated dash, mudguard, side panels and forks. See the link below for details. I'd proceed with caution when working on a 2021 bike's updated parts using a 2020 service manual. Always research the heck out of it before wrenching!

Ordered a bunch of manuals from Helm with no issues, most people don’t like the immediate pay and it comes-when-it-comes timeframe but otherwise a great place to get a manual from in my experience.

As far as physical changes due to Euro 5, I think you’ll find very few, if any, other than ECU tuning and the exhaust. Intake lengths and maybe some vent lines mat be different but at this point most “Euro 4” engines were designed with “Euro 5” in mind so there are no huge changes needed to be compliant.

Motojack

CBR650R
May 26, 2019
Ordered a bunch of manuals from Helm with no issues, most people don’t like the immediate pay and it comes-when-it-comes timeframe but otherwise a great place to get a manual from in my experience.

As far as physical changes due to Euro 5, I think you’ll find very few, if any, other than ECU tuning and the exhaust. Intake lengths and maybe some vent lines mat be different but at this point most “Euro 4” engines were designed with “Euro 5” in mind so there are no huge changes needed to be compliant.
Alternator cover is a different shape & size (not sure why that is, still waiting on gb racing covers) and some of the fairings especially at the rear are a different shape.

And I think euro 5 has less oil capacity but need to check on that

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Alternator cover is a different shape & size (not sure why that is, still waiting on gb racing covers) and some of the fairings especially at the rear are a different shape.

And I think euro 5 has less oil capacity but need to check on that
True but none of that is Euro 5 related, they just refreshed the bike slightly for '21. I'm just saying the '20 service manual will work for basically everything you will need.

The oil capacity changed in 2019 with the R model introduction.

User23

CB650R ABS
Sep 2, 2022
Riding Since
Hi. Does anyone know where I might be able to get my hands on the 2021 CB650R service manual? In the Resources section of this site I only see up to 2020.

I'm referencing the 2020 one anyway for now assuming the differences between those two years are pretty minor, but I honestly have no idea how valid that assumption is.
(Speaking of which, secondary question: is there any reference or document that breaks down the exact differences between the different year models?)
Hi. This is the CB650R shop manual (2021-2022)

Mod edit: file removed at poster's request.

Juan Felipe Valencia
Aftermarket trainer
HONDA MOTORCYCLES COLOMBIA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian Warren

CBR650R ABS
Mar 12, 2022
United Kingdom
Riding Since

I think the main changes were exhaust and some engine tweaks to make the bike Euro 5 compliant and some very useful changes to the suspension Showa Dual Bending Valve forks on the older bikes to Sperate Function Big Piston (SFF BP) items on to 21 onwards version.
Apart from that it’s subtle styling changes to the Lowe fairings and slightly different vinyl stickers!
That pretty much sums it up so apart from some internals on the engine your unlikely to see it’s the front forks and exhaust are the only real differences in the maintenance manual!

Awebs16

CB650R ABS
May 7, 2022
Riding Since
Does anyone still have this (the 2021 manual)? I see it was posted and removed (unless I'm overlooking). Can't it find anywhere else.

Top Bottom