• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650Rs 2021 CB650R final answers to placing order....

wke002

CB650R
Jun 10, 2021
Riding Since
Hi All, Newbie here,

Wanted a smaller bike, easy to move around with power if need to, the CB7650R ticks all my requirement except :

Due to Lockdown, shops are not open as not physically seen one with my own eyes, nor test ride one (expect another 3 weeks lockdown to go)

Am 5' 8", my personal crucial questions.

1. with my height, would be it upright riding position as review point to slightly bent/lean forward. the new Trident per review claim its upright but love 4 pots !
2. installing bar riser and using stock handlebar, would it provide better upright (assume stock is bent/lean a bit forward), if i read somewhere, 2021 they change the handlebar? if bar riser works to increase upright position, any modification to the cables or plug and play.
3. CB650R seat, 2 hours ride comfy? my weight 65kgs. had a short stint ride with a Suzuki GSX-S750 with increase bar riser on a 1.5 hours ride ended up 3 days backache.(yes, i do have issue with my backache before)

For the seat, i could get it custom made for more comfy but ergonomic of riding upright (due to backache) is more important for me, without going to the extend to change a lot of set up other than bar riser.

I Thank You all in advance to shared your expertise.

mcphatty

CB650R
Jul 5, 2020
Welcome WKE! I am about your height and do not find that I'm leaning too far to reach the bars. Riding in a totally upright position is completely comfortable and I'm not sure you'd need risers, but of course that is up to your preference. The seat isn't the greatest, but I've found myself getting used to it pretty quickly- I regularly ride for 2-4 hours at a time and its bearable. Could the seat be more comfortable? Absolutely, but it's not the worst either.

wke002

CB650R
Jun 10, 2021
Riding Since
Thanks for the Warm Welcome.... am not worried about seat so much as we have custom made here at very reasonable price, riding upright position is more crucial as often i will just cruise to no where (40-55mph) with a relax ride and if need the HP, its always readily available on these bikes.

Likely another 3 weeks lockdown = cant visit the shop (its closed) to have a final seat on it, gotta depend on these forum for more input.

Thanks.

wke002

CB650R
Jun 10, 2021
Riding Since
This looks like a solution, anyone install such device on your bike. extract from my local "a la ebay".

1623372115950.png

Top Bottom