• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

2019 cb650r key replacement

Honda_Fan

CB650R ABS
Jun 27, 2021
Riding Since
So I bought my bike with only one key. My question is are these keys chipped and if I can have my local guy cut me a key from a Honda blank without me needing to visit the dealer?

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom
The Honda HISS system works in conjunction with the key. If you get a blank key you can reprogram it to work with your bike with a bit of DIY cabling. Videos on YouTube.

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
I'm not 100% sure usa model bikes have hiss fitted... Which would be easy to get another key cut.

Might be different on the 650r models though.

J

Honda_Fan

CB650R ABS
Jun 27, 2021
Riding Since
I'm not 100% sure usa model bikes have hiss fitted... Which would be easy to get another key cut.

Might be different on the 650r models though.

J
I can’t find definitive info if we do have it in the USA or not but so far it looks like not

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
I can’t find definitive info if we do have it in the USA or not but so far it looks like not
If you have HISS it says it around the ignition cylinder, but everything I have ever seen, read and experienced says the US does not get HISS ignitions.

Whether the key has a chip in it or not is another story. I do not believe that’s the case or the owners manual would tell you how to program another key (my Ducati has this) but a quick call to a dealer would confirm this all.

Top Bottom