• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

2018 Honda CBR650F frame sliders

FogDucker

CB650F ABS
Apr 3, 2019
Canada
not yet. May be Monday.left them at the dealership to install them. they looked pretty high quality and legit. Also take a look at womet tech. they have something that sits on the timing cap. BTW in case you got any make sure you use manufacture torque specs.
49 nm for 10mm ( uper hanger ), 59 nm for the 12mm one (front hanger ) and 18nm for the timing cap.

this may help:

https://evotech-performance.com/products/honda-cb650f-no-drill-crash-protection-2015

Last edited:

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
This is what mine look like.Most 3 point ones are good,

Attachments

• 13271800_1032166436864792_33869866_o(1).jpg
    13271800_1032166436864792_33869866_o(1).jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 52

Avoki

CB650F ABS
Feb 13, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
Riding Since
Do you still have covers on your bike? if so what brand? I'm desperately trying to find some sort of a solution to put on my bike. Trying to decide if I should just run the GB covers and say screw it to the frame sliders. I won't track ride at all with this bike but I'd like some peace of mind while out riding. This is my first bike without frame sliders and it scares me a bit because I've low sided before and it definitely saved my ass.

I had to take them off. Giving that both slides were on the same side, the left side, I quickly went and got this from ebay that adds an extra "slider" protecting the alternator cover (I'll add a pic later to show it installed).

The clutch cover is still off and I'm still searching for a solution that does not involve buying a full set for just one cover and does not look like crap with the GB racing timing cover still on.

Mo_650F

CBR650F
Apr 24, 2019
Hello everyone, **New member alert**Possible repeated questions**

Recently bought a Red 2018 CBR650F. What is the best sliders that are currently available here in the US and under $200. Most links I see are outside US or have some bad reviews. Should I budget more ?

Also best tank protector on a red CBR650F?

Has any one installed the protective film offered in Revzilla. Is it worth the purchase?
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/eazi-grip-eazi-guard-protective-film-kit-honda-cbr650f-2014-2016

Last edited:

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Even Iam confused whether should i install frame slider in future or not.

The problem the slider you installed on your bike was that it was a very long, very thin pole that was anchored at the bottom in an engine case not designed to take a load in that direction or with that force. If it was a different design with multiple mounting points or on a different part of the frame/engine, the outcome would be different in your crash. On a simple parking lot tip over, they may have held up fine.

So the question of should I or shouldn’t I comes down to what you buy, how it mounts and your expectations of the product. It’s a frame slider, designed to save your expensive frame from damage, not your bodywork; well, that was the intention in the beginning.

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
As usual, miweber929 @miweber929 is spot-on above. We have been discussing this issue on the 14-18 models since I joined the “other” Forum in 2016. Bottom line, the type of impact will affect your results. There are at least three documented cases here of engine case cracks due to the design. I removed mine after the second one and installed case covers. Fairing is cheap to replace.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
This is what I bought which looks and feel top notch ( quality and design ). it costs CAD 250 tax and shipping in. Saved me once after a tip over. haven't tested in a real accident and I hopefully will not!

https://evotech-performance.com/col...s/honda-cb650f-no-drill-crash-protection-2015
It's a "better" design and more expensive, however both the back bolt goes through the unsupported engine case just like the other ones. In a simple tip over, you'll probably be fine. In a more aggressive one, maybe not as much.

Thats a gamble you need to choose whether to play or pass.

Top Bottom