• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650F 2018 CB650F Brake Light modulator question

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
One of my first "concerns" with this motorcycle is the very tiny brake light. I have a brake light modulator and also just picked up a license plate frame LED light to add more brake light visibility.
Question - what color is the brake light wire? Looking at the wiring diagram one of the members posted it appears to be a GREEN for power? Is this correct?

58webbing

CB650R
Mar 10, 2019
England
I had the same concern with my bike so I changed the reflector for an eBay (about £5) LED rear light, it works very well according to "my followers" So that I did not have to cut into the main harness I added an extra pos/neg tapping to the rear light sub harness which is used to power 1, extra rear light, 2, USB PSU and, 3, a relay for heavy current aplications all energised with the ign on.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 21
  • sm_Rear Lights.JPG
    sm_Rear Lights.JPG
    376.1 KB · Views: 24

GGN406

CB650F ABS
Jul 12, 2019
Laos
Riding Since
Hi Devilsfan @Devilsfan, you mention the wiring diagram of the 2018 CB650F - assuming it is the same as in Asia, it has the LED headlight, right? Would you have a copy of the diagram that you could share? I've searched on the net and on the forum but could not find anything (all I could find was the previous models'). Thanks!

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Hi Devilsfan @Devilsfan, you mention the wiring diagram of the 2018 CB650F - assuming it is the same as in Asia, it has the LED headlight, right? Would you have a copy of the diagram that you could share? I've searched on the net and on the forum but could not find anything (all I could find was the previous models'). Thanks!

Yes, LED headlight.
I'm pretty sure they're all the same 2014-2018.

I go off the Service Manual I found online here. The first page doesn't mention the years but I will "assume" the manual is for '14-'18.

https://650f.bike/threads/2014-service-manual.100/

Last edited:

GGN406

CB650F ABS
Jul 12, 2019
Laos
Riding Since
Thanks Devilsfan @Devilsfan and Brammers @Brammers . I have the manual but it shows a diagram for halogen lights. I guess there must have been an update from Honda (addendum) to cover the LED assembly, but I can't find it. I need to do some work on the headlight due to local regulations that do not allow lights on during the day (I know, this is mad)...So would prefer to have the manual to refer to. I'll continue my search and update you guys if I find anything. In the meantime if anyone else has a clue, please share! Cheers.

Top Bottom