2-Week "semi" vacation...already

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Literally, just last night was our Parent/Teacher Conferences (albeit via Zoom). I go into school this morning and as soon as the kids start coming in the principal is in my room telling me to get out and go to an empty classroom. He does this for the entire 6th grade wing.

And then, at the beginning of 3rd period the hammer falls. I, and 28 other kids, have to go home for 14 days. Why? because some student, who hasn't even been in school the last few days, was diagnosed. Freakin' ridiculous!!!

I am SOOO pissed right now that, after all of the numbers and the FACT that cases have plummeted...the sky is still falling in their minds and everyone has to go home.

I will still have to "teach" the one eLearning class I have been assigned to (which totally sucks, even the kids say they hate eLearning) but other than that I feel like I left my colleagues hangin' as they now have to take in the rest of my rosters.

I will definitely try to get some miles in if this GD rain ever stops around here!!! Had a good few days but a tropical storm is now heading in our vicinity bringing...more damn rain. Gotta love Florida...the "Sunshine State"!

skeletor

CBR650F ABS
Dec 13, 2018
Literally, just last night was our Parent/Teacher Conferences (albeit via Zoom). I go into school this morning and as soon as the kids start coming in the principal is in my room telling me to get out and go to an empty classroom. He does this for the entire 6th grade wing.

And then, at the beginning of 3rd period the hammer falls. I, and 28 other kids, have to go home for 14 days. Why? because some student, who hasn't even been in school the last few days, was diagnosed. Freakin' ridiculous!!!

I am SOOO pissed right now that, after all of the numbers and the FACT that cases have plummeted...the sky is still falling in their minds and everyone has to go home.

I will still have to "teach" the one eLearning class I have been assigned to (which totally sucks, even the kids say they hate eLearning) but other than that I feel like I left my colleagues hangin' as they now have to take in the rest of my rosters.

I will definitely try to get some miles in if this GD rain ever stops around here!!! Had a good few days but a tropical storm is now heading in our vicinity bringing...more damn rain. Gotta love Florida...the "Sunshine State"!

I wonder how long they will go on with this, until they have a vaccine that I doubt a significant number of people will be willing to take?
My kid started college and it is mostly online this term at least, maybe next term also. The online learning is really disorganized looking, every instructor is laying things out differently.

Top Bottom